New Skills to Develop your Creative Career
CFCP has developed a wide range of courses, in-house training options and 1-2-1 mentoring programmes for migrant and culturally diverse artists, local artists and organisations. Our aim is to give you the skills to successfully manage the various challenging aspects of developing a creative career or project.
Here are the types of topics we cover in our Professional Development courses:
- short- and long-term strategies for a creative business
- developing a plan for sustaining your project, organisation or business
- preparing a realistic budget
- governance and legal structures
- learning about the Irish creative sector
- getting your project off the ground
- writing successful funding applications
- sounding board for your creative programming
- leadership skills for creative project directors, freelancers and small business owners
I was delighted to have been selected for the Migrant Series run by CFCP. It enabled a unique opportunity to show work in Dublin, that explored the political prisons in Maze/Long Kesh. I had developed this exhibition as artist in residence with the Belfast playwright Martin Lynch. Further the bursary paid by CFCP was critical to valuing my work and practice as an artist. There was added value in terms of exhibiting my work alongside another artist. I enjoyed the discussion night where I was able to share my thinking behind the exhibition and to explore themes effecting minority communities in Ireland.Deepa Mann-Kler
All our courses are facilitated by CFCP experienced staff and external experts.